Wednesday, July 31, 2013

2013 Honda Civic vs. 2013 Toyota Corolla

Let's take a look at two powerhouses in the passenger sedan segment, the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla.  These cars are staples in America, and I think most people agree they cannot be killed.  But which one is better?

To find out, I'll be using my trusty website, The Vehicle For Me, and I've chosen two mid-level similarly priced trims, the 2013 Honda Civic LX 5-Spd MT and the 2013 Toyota Corolla S MT, both with MSRPs in the low $18K area and both with manual transmissions.

My priorities are probably what most people would have in mind when shopping for a compact sedan.  I'm looking for fuel economy, power to weight ratio, front legroom and headroom, and cargo space.  Now let's see how the two cars stack up!


Link to Comparison Page
Wow this is a pretty decisive, no-nonsense victory for the Civic.  Let's dig into what's going on.

Though it isn't by much, the Civic wins in every category we care about.  It weighs less, has more horsepower , is roomier on the inside, and gets better fuel economy.  So I guess there really isn't much to say here after all.  Get a Civic!

1st - 2013 Honda Civic LX 5-Spd MT


2nd - 2013 Toyota Corolla S MT

No comments:

Post a Comment